The College aims to promote effective and clear communication between all levels of the SPX community. The following avenues exist for such purposes:
- College Diary is for student use primarily to record homework. It contains Interim Reports for Years 7-10 for Term 1. The Diary has sections for Teacher/Parent exchange. It is full of other valuable information for students and parents.
- Parent Information Evenings are held for each year group early in the new
- Parent/Teacher Nights – each year group has a parent/teacher night, usually in Term 2, especially to report on academic progress. For Years 5 & 6 parent/teacher night is held at the beginning of Term 3.
- Parent/Teacher contact – Parents are encouraged to contact the College should any problems or difficulties arise. Homeroom teachers and Guidance Co-ordinators are the first point of contact. Appointments must be made to secure an interview.
- Parents and Friends Meetings – held once per term. See Parents and Friends.
- College Board - meets approximately 10 times per year.
- “Woodchatta” is the College newsletter. It is primarily directed at parents and students containing sections from the Principal, members of the executive as required, the P&F, Music Parents, Year and Subject Co-ordinators, Sportsmasters, Careers Department, Uniform Shop and Canteen Roster. Woodchatta is posted on our website each Wednesday afternoon with an email prompt to all parents.
- Junior School Newsletter – for Years 5 & 6 goes home fortnightly.
- “Pius in Profile” is the College magazine relating many interesting stories on current students and ‘old boys’. Pius in Profile is published bi-annually.
- “The Collegian” is the College annual which contains a full report of the year.
- eAccess – The College extranet carries notices of importance to the College Community.
It is accessed via a login.
- This Website - carries information for the general public.
- Annual Report for the Board of Studies with an email prompt to all parents.